Adrianna Shannon is a diligent, thorough, results-oriented attorney, and a dedicated advocate for her individual and business clients. She provides valuable legal advice to assist her corporate and nonprofit clients with organizing and operating their businesses. Her legal services are designed to prevent legal violations and disputes before they start whenever possible. When a legal dispute is inevitable or already underway, she is a tough litigator who zealously advances her clients’ interests in adversarial proceedings.
Adrianna has successfully represented thousands of individual and corporate clients in state and federal courts, arbitrations, and administrative proceedings. She has handled cases in all areas of employment law, including discrimination and harassment claims based on disability, gender, race, pregnancy, age, national origin, religion, familial status, marital status and sexual orientation; FMLA matters; severance negotiations; just cause and wrongful discharge cases; wage and hour matters; retaliation claims; shareholder and partnership disputes; breach of contract cases; fraud claims; and trade secret disputes. She has tried several cases to verdict, and prevailed before the courts of appeals and the United States Supreme Court.
Adrianna is a frequent speaker at trade and continuing legal education seminars on a wide variety of employment topics, and regularly authors training materials, handbooks, articles, and book chapters on various employment and business topics.
Titles / Awards / Memberships
- Certified as a Labor and Employment Law Specialist by the Minnesota State Bar Association
- Selected to the 2015 and 2016 Super Lawyers List and to the Super Lawyers Rising Stars List in 2013 and 2014.
- Listed in the 2014, 2015, and 2016 issues of Minneapolis Saint Paul Magazine’s “The Top Women Attorneys in Minnesota”
- Recognized in Minneapolis/St. Paul Magazine, and Minnesota Business Journal
- Minnesota Civil Jury Instruction Guide Bar Committee Member
- Wisconsin Law Review Outstanding Contribution Award
- Outstanding Achievement Awards in Constitutional Law, Legal Writing, Negotiations, and Health Law & Administration
Engagements, Seminars, & Publications
- Minnesota Civil Jury Instruction Guide, Bar Committee Editor (2012-Present).
- “Essentials of Employment Law Seminar,” Sterling Education Services (2016).
- “Hiring and Firing Law Seminar,” National Business Institute, (2015).
- “Hiring and Firing Law Seminar,” National Business Institute, (2014).
- “ADAAA Claims, Employers Retreat and Reload,” Eighth Circuit National Employment Lawyers Association Conference (2014).
- “The ADA Compliance Seminar,” Minnesota CLE (2013).
- “Winning ADA Litigation Strategies,” Minnesota CLE Webcast (2013).
- “The ADA Handbook: Employment Practices Under the ADA,” Co-Author (2013).
- “Revisiting ADA Defenses in the Post-ADAAA Era,” Hennepin County Bar Association Webcast (2012).
- “Whistle-blowing and the First Amendment,” Upper Midwest Employment Law Institute Conference (2012).
- “When is Adverse Action Adverse Enough to be Actionable?” MSBA Program (2012).
- “Revisiting ADA Defenses in the Post-ADAAA Era,” Hennepin County Bar Association Program (2011).
- “Claims of Retaliation – What is ‘Protected Conduct?’” Upper Midwest Employment Law Institute Program (2011).
- “Kasten v. Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics Corporation: The New FLSA Retaliation Standard.” Minnesota CLE Program / Thompson Reuters Webinar (2011).
- “Revisiting ADA Defenses in the Post-ADAAA Era.” Hennepin County Bar Association Program (2011).
- “Whistleblower Litigation: Martyrs & Tattletales.” AALNC Program (2010).
- “Employment Discrimination Claims Involving the LGBT Latino Community,” National HNBA Convention Panel (2010).
- United States Supreme Court
- Minnesota Supreme Court
- Wisconsin Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- U.S. District Court – District of Minnesota
- U.S. District Court – Western District of Wisconsin
- Mediation: Qualified Neutral under Rule 114 of the Minnesota General Rules of Practice
- J.D. University of Wisconsin Law School, cum laude
- B.A. University of Minnesota-Duluth, Psychology and Criminology
- Sign Language